Sunday, March 21, 2010

Winding Up the Week... Back to Reality

The week just seemed to fly by! Brad and I were bummed we did not get to go skiing with friends because Andrew got so sick, but spending the time at home with him for the rest of the week (when he was feeling good) more than made up for it!



On St. Patrick's Day, Andrew and I went to Target to do some shopping. He had a small temper tantrum in the store because he wanted to get out of the cart. I was pretty strong and let him throw his fit as I pretended other people weren't staring at me. I thought, they must not have children or they have forgotten about this stage! It can be so embarrassing! Eventually, he did stop and realized that he was not going to get out of the cart until we left the store.



It was very nice outside, so we spent a lot of time walking and playing! He really enjoyed riding his truck outside. It was a low key day with a lot of playing, playing, and more playing!













Wednesday night Brad came home a little early and I went to dinner with a friend! I don't think I have done that since Andrew was born! It was great to have a girls night! Then I went to Rick's house (my brother) and brought him and my dad a tuna casserole... They do not eat regularly, so when I have extra time, I like to make them a casserole.



Thursday we did our morning walk and a lot of playing... After his nap, we headed over to the park. Andrew actually liked the swing this time! It was a miracle. He cried a bit when I first put him in, but once he realized that he liked it, he was laughing and having a good time. He played with a lot of other kids. It was very cute!! He really liked meeting all of the dogs at the park and hanging out on the merry-go-round. We stayed there for an hour and a half!!

On Friday Andrew slept in and then I took him to daycare. I cleaned the house, did laundry, and got my nails done!! Andrew was very happy to see his friends, especially his friend Evan.

We had a great weekend together as a family! On Saturday it was very cold and rainy, so we spent most of the day inside playing. We did go to Lowe's for a few things. Andrew was playing in our room and fell into the window sill... He got a big bruise and bump almost immediately. He looks a little shiny in the picture because I thought a little aquafor would help cure it... Aquafor is the cure-all in this household. If you have never used it before, I strongly recommend you try it!
Andrew had to sit with daddy and recover for a few minutes.








Saturday night, Brad and I had a friend's birthday party to go to!! Miss Krystal came to babysit Andrew. We had fun celebrating with our friends... I can't believe we are all turning the big 3-0! AHH!!

Today Andrew had a birthday party to go to at Gymboree and he had a blast!! Most of the kids were a little bit older than Andrew. It was so cute to watch him do things like the big kids!

Andrew's favorite snack of the week is Cheerios! He was so excited when I pulled out the Cheerios for a late morning snack this morning that he took them right from me, so we snapped a few pictures!









Well, Andrew is heading back to CLC tomorrow and I am heading back to work! I will miss being at home with him. I am so glad we had such a great week. He is getting so big so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment