It has been too long since my last blog post... Things have been crazy here at the Willson household. I am back at work again and the first few weeks are always busy. I am hoping by next week, I'll have a better handle on things... Or at least that is what I will keep telling myself! Brad has also been very busy at work, so we really cherish our family time on the weekends.
Let me catch you up to date on our little Andrew (who is not so little anymore)! Andrew officially graduated from Head School. We could not be more proud! He received his first graduation certificate and it is already in his baby book. In all seriousness, his head looks great and he is happy to be helmet free! Now, don't go calling CPS when you see the picture below. Yes, there is a weird looking white stocking thing over his head. Let me tell you a bit about it. Each time we had 3-D pictures made at Cranial Technologies, they had to put the stocking thing over his head. It never bothered him. He could breathe and see just fine. Brad was never able to attend any of his appointments at Cranial Technologies, so I stole a souvenir for him, a stocking! I put it on Andrew when we got home so Brad could see what it looked like. In the picture below, he is crawling towards the camera and thinks he is quite funny!
(See the smile on his face)
Andrew has been crawling for quite some time now. He is doing really well and now we call him "speed racer"! He is all over the house and he just loves to go, go, go. We have had to really baby proof and boy am I glad our TV is now on the wall! (Thanks Re!) Andrew crawls so much that his little knees are raw! It doesn't seem to bother him, he just keeps on going... If there is something in his way, he will plow through it. If someone is in his way, he will crawl over them!
(Andrew crawls in Minnie's dog bed)
Andrew has been working on standing up for 3-4 weeks now. He pulls himself up on everything and is even standing in his bed! He loves the ottoman, couches, window sills, doors, walls, side of the bathtub or anything else he can get a hold of! He is also trying to crawl or scale the side of the couch, ottoman, and bathtub. He has no fears. When he wants something, he really wants something. More recently he has become very interested in his toys with wheels. He has a fisher price train that he pushes and crawls with at the same time. What a multi-tasker! Two days ago, he learned that he didn't have to cry every time he flipped it over... He figured out how to turn it back right side up! I know, he is a genius!
Last week, Minnie started a new thing. She barks (and I mean loud and a lot) whenever I go in to wake up Andrew. Honestly, I can't figure out if she is trying to get more attention or if she is being protective of Andrew. So, in my "strange" mood of the day, I decided to put Minnie in bed with Andrew. (what could it hurt, I had to change the sheets anyway?!? Right?) Also, I thought if Minnie saw what Andrew was doing in his crib that she might not want to bark as much. Well, Andrew loved Minnie being in his bed and Minnie was curious at first, but then ready to get out. I will say, it did help with the barking.
Opinions about anything and everything... that is Andrew! He knows what the word no means now. Sometimes he wants to listen and sometimes he looks at you, grins, and keeps on going. Humm... Testing the limits? Andrew is very loud when he plays. He is making so many noises! He is really good at "mama" and "dada". The cutest thing happened tonight. I was giving Andrew a bath and Brad got home from work. I told Andrew, "Daddy is here." When Brad came into the bathroom, Andrew stood up in the bathtub and grinned really big! I asked him, "Who is that?" He grinned at Brad and paused... Then he said "Da (pause, pause, pause) Da". Of course we were not sure if he was just saying Dada, so we had to test him a few times and he kept doing it! We were so proud of him and Brad was an especially proud Dada tonight.
Andrew is getting his top two teeth. We had a couple of rough nights last week, but this week was much better. Andrew has also decided that he does not want to nap during the day. Humm... Mom always said, "I hope you have one just like you!" (I was never a sleeper.) Andrew is so tired in the evenings that he is going to bed at 7:00 and does not get up until I get him up. Usually Saturdays he sleeps pretty late because he is so tired from the week. This morning when I went in to get him up, he looked at me like "Mom, are you kidding?" He usually sits right up and starts talking. Today he sat up and then laid back down.
Well, thank goodness for a long weekend. We are looking forward to spending a lot of time together. We are going to take Andrew to the Fort Worth Zoo (weather permitting) on Monday. We are having Rick, Heather, and Carlos over for a barbecue on Sunday and we are relaxing the rest of the weekend!
Happy Labor Day!
(Minnie is resting because she is exhausted from all of Andrew's fast pace moving!)
No comments:
Post a Comment